Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Cage Free -- 30-in-30, Day Sixteen

First Question
Cage Free Series 023



Horned Owl perches on a branch asking his eternal question... Whooo?

Sometimes I get impatient and then the Universe teaches me a lesson that I have to continue living for a while.  This happens a lot with my hair especially.  I have a stylist that I love.  Instead of making a regular appointment with her I wait until my hair is unruly.  And then madness sets in and I take matters into my own hands.  Last night I put matters (or rather, scissors) into the hands of my daughter.  She is Fifteen and not a professional stylist.  I have let her cut my hair in the past with varying results.  (The time when she was Five was probably my most insane.)

This time, she did fine.  Until I gave her the shaver.  That was the turning point.

I should have known she was a little too excited using the shaver.  Now I look like a rocker chick with the sides of my head shaved.  I did save my eyebrow, though.

Perhaps the owl should be asking, "What were you thinking?"

I wasn't thinking Mr. Owl.  I was being impatient.  My kid is an awesome sport when I ask her to do crazy things for me.  And my hair will grow back.  Thanks, Universe.  I will:

Slow down.

Take a breath.


"First Question"
6" x 6" oil on gessobord, unframed.
This painting is available through Daily Paintworks Auction.
See the other participating artists on Leslie Saeta's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment