Tuesday, September 9, 2014

30-in-30, Day Nine. Cage Free Series 016

Flame
Cage Free Series 016


One significant feature of the Japanese Bantam Rooster is the straight, flame-red comb.  Apparently this breed is better for warmer climates because the comb is quite susceptible to frost bite.

In one day it seems it has turned from Summer to Autumn.  My feelings are torn about this.  I love the cooler weather but I really don't want Summer to be over.  I love Halloween and in my younger years I would have had my costume planned and started already but I really don't want Summer to be over.


"Flame"
6" x 6" oil on gessobord, unframed.
This painting is available through Daily Paintworks Auction.
See the other artists participating in the 30-in-30 challenge on Leslie Saeta's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment