Friday, September 19, 2014

30-in-30, Day Nineteen. Cage Free Series 026

Shimmering Ruby
Cage Free Series 026



Hummingbirds are so quick, when I see them in the yard they catch me off guard and I usually think it is a large bee buzzing around before I can focus on it to realize it's a little bird friend.  I wanted to capture that feeling of quick movement in this painting.

It's Friday, Yay!  And it's International Talk Like A Pirate Day.  My husband is all set with his eye patch, a bandanna for his head and he probably has a toy parrot squirreled away somewhere that he'll attach to his shoulder.  If you're really into the Pirate thing, you can dress up and Krispy Kreme will give you a free dozen.


"Shimmering Ruby"
6" x 6" oil on gessobord, unframed.
This painting is available through Daily Paintworks Auction.
See the other participating artists at Leslie Saeta's blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment