Monday, January 2, 2017

Beginning Two

Working in Tandem

Embracing my ADHD tendencies when it comes to art, I prefer to work on several projects at one time.  I find that moving around the studio from one project to the next helps to keep my work loose because I'm constantly backing up, focusing on something else, and then coming back with fresh eyes.  When I have a new idea, I just start a new painting and I don't feel pressured to finish before I capture that next idea.


This painting is the beginning of what I hope will be a series.  I'll be using lots of texture techniques so what you will see will be close-up shots with lots of detail.  The area of small circles was created by first painting yellow, allowing it to dry, then painting green. While the green paint was still wet, I used a rubber tip tool to remove the wet paint, leaving the pattern.


30 in 30 Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment