Wednesday, January 8, 2014

30 in 30, Day Nine



*sigh* When I wasn't blogging, I had no trouble with Blogger at all.  Now that I'm trying to blog every day, it wants to get finicky and cause me headaches.  Anyway, it's here.  A new painting.

I suppose even with headaches and hiccups in the system, it's still kind of fun to learn more about painting and blogging.  (There... now I'm an optimist.)  ;)

I had a light bulb moment when I was reading Leslie's post about getting by for a few days with only her large palette knife.  I have taken Leslie's workshop so I know how much she loves that large knife and how she uses it even for areas that are quite small, where you might not think a large knife would fit.  She does it.  She encourages her students to do it too. 

Large palette knife + small canvas = really fast paintings!  There is the light bulb!  Now if only I could get my husband to take care of all the appointments for the kiddo, I'd be all set.  (HA!)

"Lure of the Bowls"
6" x 6" oil on Gessobord
This painting is available through Daily Paintworks Auction.

2 comments: