Sunday, January 26, 2014

30 in 30, Day Twenty-six

"Bluebell Dance"

I have been thinking for a while that I wanted to try some fashion dresses.  Even before I saw some of the beautiful designs of artist Nancy Medina
This dress is a design by Jason Wu from New York Fashion Week 2013.

I had a lot of fun doing this dress but all those tiny areas with a palette knife kind of made me want to pull my hair out (that did not stop me from doing another dress design so I must be crazy.)

"Bluebell Dance"
9" x 12" oil on canvas board.
This painting is available through Daily Paintworks Auction.

2 comments:

  1. I think she is delightful! I haven't painted with a palette knife yet, but I can imagine it was challenging. You met the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Cheryl. It was challenging for sure. I did paint another gown that will be coming up.

    ReplyDelete