Monday, January 13, 2014

30 in 30, Day Thirteen



With this challenge, I am learning so much.  Learning how to critique my work so I am not feeling, "Something is wrong with this, but I don't know what."  Of course, once I post the photo, I always see something that could have been tweaked to make it better, but it's usually something minor that I can live with.  Paying attention to the composition from the beginning helps to keep it all feeling right to the end.

Another busy week coming up.  I can do this.  I can.

Some people go crazy for Meyer Lemons.  I haven't seen the appeal (a-peel...ooof!).  They are sweeter than regular lemons, which just makes it not a lemon, to me.  Typically, Meyer Lemons are quite a bit more expensive than the regular variety but this day at the market, the Meyer Lemons were the prettiest, so they came home with me.

"Stack of Sunshine"
6" x 6" oil on Gessobord
This painting is available through Daily Paintworks Auction.

 

2 comments:

  1. Well this is just an a'peel'ing painting! Love the composition, and the colours are just right together, it pops from the page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment. I love the puns!!

    ReplyDelete