Friday, January 17, 2014

30 in 30, Day Seventeen

"Vintage and Handcrafted"

I am past the half-way mark but I'm now in a tight spot.  I used up all my buffer paintings (painting ahead so if something comes up and I can't paint, I have one to fall back on) so I'm flying by the seat of my pants.  I'm nervous.  I will be away from home all day Saturday with a family event and if it turns into a stay-over, there may be a lapse in my 30-in-30.  Yikes!  Maybe if I'm super lucky, I can knock out two paintings tonight, huh?  HUH?  Oh the pressure!  I hope you come back to see if I fall flat on my face.  ;)  Oh well that's what second chances are for.

I hope you are laughing.  I'm laughing.  Even if I do miss a day, this has been such a wonderful experience.  I don't know if I will jump at the chance next time, but I might.  I certainly am learning a lot and I don't feel so much pressure with each painting.  Each one doesn't have to be a masterpiece.  It's just interim work.

"Vintage and Handcrafted"
6" x 6" oil on Gessobord.
This painting is available through Daily Paintworks Auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment