Thursday, January 16, 2014

30 in 30, Day Sixteen

"Breathe"

What better time to do a bit of experimenting than a time when I'm doing a bunch of paintings?   Up to now, most of my paintings have been very bold with strong colors.  This time I wanted to do something really light and I think this turned out great.  I will definitely try this again.

Outside the studio, I am just learning how to ride horses.  Last night was my fourth lesson, but the first one after three weeks off  (they just happened to land over Christmas and New Year's Days, then last week I was a bit sick).  Some others in my class were out this week so it was myself and one other rider.  I was telling my instructor about being apprehensive after a few weeks off.  She is great and she wants these lessons to be fun.  "Breathe."  She kept telling me.  "Just relax and breathe."

Exactly.  We can use this advice.  All.  The.  Time.

Breathe.


"Breathe"
6" x 6" oil on Gessobord.
This painting is available through Daily Paintworks Auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment