Friday, January 2, 2015

Holiday Dream

30 Paintings in 30 Days -- January 2015



I decided during this third 30-in-30 Challenge I would have a theme from which to draw ideas.  My theme here is "Comfort and Joy".  Thirty paintings about things that bring me comfort and/or joy.

This basket of vintage Christmas ornaments brings the joy of many holidays past.  Lovingly placed upon the tree each year and carefully and safely packed away after the holiday season is ended.  These ornaments have their own history and evoke many memories.  Some shiny, some a bit dull, these ornaments have a bit of an abstract look that is so appealing to me.

The "in 30 days" portion of the subtitle here may be a bit of a stretch.  There will be 30 paintings and I will do my best to keep up but there are never any guarantees, right?  I was sick between Christmas and the New Year and I'm still recovering so sleep is more important than ever.

My theme of "Comfort and Joy" is even more fitting when recovering from being sick.



"Holiday Dream"
9" x 12" oil on Gessobord
This painting will be available for sale (as soon as I get all my ducks in a row).
If you have to have it immediately, let me know.  I can make that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment