Friday, February 2, 2018

Dragon Grab





"Dragon Grab"  6" x 6" oil on Masonite panel.

Those claws look perfect for fishing.  Is the fish quick enough to get away?


When I first began my Serpent Series, I had made stencils of scales to be featured as a part of my abstract paintings.  When I talked about my developing series to friends, I also added descriptions of claws and teeth which had not yet made an appearance in my work.  Those descriptions led me to begin these smaller paintings as accessories to the larger, abstract paintings.


See the rest of the 30 in 30 participants here.



2 comments:

  1. Your painting so intrigued me I had to discover the story behind it. Very original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi laurelle! Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad my painting was interesting to you. I do love water and reflections.

    ReplyDelete