Thursday, February 1, 2018

Freckles

30 Paintings in 30 Days February, 2018





"Freckles"  6" x 6" oil on Masonite panel.

Welcome back to 30 in 30!  My theme this time around will focus snakes, lizards, and dragons and their various beautiful body parts as a continuation of my Serpent Series of paintings.

My Serpent Series began last year as a number of abstract paintings using handmade stencils of scales in a variety of shapes and sizes.  You can take a peek at some of those paintings as they developed here and here.

This year, I have a gallery show coming up at the end of February where I will display some of the abstract paintings from last year as well as a number of the smaller, accessory paintings that I'm completing for this 30-in-30.  Cutting it close?  Maybe.  Nothing like a deadline to get the artistic juices flowing.  I may hang a few paintings that are not varnished and may not even be completely dry... so if you come to my gallery show, no touching please!  HA!

I hope you enjoy my 30 paintings.

See the other 30 in 30 participants here.









2 comments:

  1. Yes, nothing like deadlines to get the juices flowing - I think your theme will be lots of fun to paint..looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pattie. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I am having a good time with this theme. I peeked at your blog and I look forward to your 30 in 30 as well. Good luck with setting up the new studio space.

    ReplyDelete