Thursday, June 19, 2014

Early Morning

"Early Morning"


A little bit brushwork, a little bit palette knife.  A little bit impressionistic, a little bit abstract.
How ever you think to label it, I love it.

My painting lately has been sporadic at best.  Listening to podcasts from Artists Helping Artists the artists are always talking about how quickly they grew in their art and learned so quickly when they painted more often.  Like working a muscle, it takes time.  Can I make a mid-year resolution?  I resolve to paint more often, again.  My goal is two hours a night.

I started this painting some time ago and wasn't happy with it.  So I turned it into an abstract.  Now I think it's great.  We can do that.  As artists, if we don't like how something is turning out, we can make it into something else.  Sometimes I put away a painting that is half-finished and go back to it much later.

"Early Morning"
12" x 12" oil on gessobord, unframed
This painting is available through Daily Paintworks Auction.



No comments:

Post a Comment