Monday, September 30, 2013

Onions One and Two




I like the comparison of these two.  The same still life on the same day.  The top painting is done on canvas board and the bottom painting is Gessobord.  Both are painted a similar color but you can see the difference in texture here.  The canvas board has quite a rough texture to grab the paint and Gessobord is smoother and ends with a slight gloss without varnish (I did varnish both later, when they were fully cured).


Buy the top painting here.
Buy the bottom painting here.



2 comments:

  1. Interesting! And wonderful paintings, too. Onions have so much personality, don't they? Which surface did you end up liking best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the smoothness and shine in this one case. Sometimes I prefer the texture of canvas so I use both types.

    ReplyDelete